EVENTS TO WATCH:
- Athletics: Women's Marathon, 7:30PM LIVE ON NBC Primetime
The marathon is already underway and American Deena Kastor has dropped out. British runner Paula Radcliffe searches for redemption after droping out of the Athens 2004 marathon. Look for the marathon world record holder to be in the front for most of the race.
- Swimming: Men's 4x100m medley relay, 10:58PM
LIVE on NBC Primetime, LIVE BLOG ON NOW SPORTS
After winning yesterday's thrilling 100 meter butterfly, Michael Phelps will most likely be crowned greatest Olympian ever tonight when he competes for his eighth gold medal. It's a race that the Americans have never lost in the Olympics (except for 1980 when U.S. boycotted the games.) And the only thing barring Michael Phelps from winning would be an Australian upset or a disqualification. A DQ kept Phelps from winning eight medals at last year's world championships so it's like that the Americans have learned their lesson.
Should he win gold, it will be his 14th gold medal, 16th Olympic medal and 8th gold medal in this Olympic games. Everyone knows the historical significance of tonight's race and everyone will surely be watching.
- Tennis: Rafael Nadal vs. Fernando Gonzalez (3:30AM), Williams Sisters vs. Spain for gold (4AM) LIVE BLOG ON NOW SPORTS
Three gold medal finals today in tennis, including both singles titles and the women's doubles final. Though Federer won gold in yesterday's doubles final, Nadal will look to create a Nadal golden summer. With the Wimbledon and French Open titles in his hands this year, an Olympic gold medal would be icing on the cake for the young Spaniard. And the Williams sisters go for their first gold since Sydney in the women's doubles final.
- Gymnastics and Track and Field Finals
The gymnasts are back in action as they compete in the individual event finals, including both men's and women's floor exercise finals. Alexander Artemev, the American gymnast that clinched the bronze medal in the men's team final for the United States, will likely medal in the men's pommel horse final. And on the track, the title of fastest woman in the world will be crowned in the women's 100m final.
GOLD MEDAL FINALS:
- 15:30 Tennis Men's Singles Gold Medal Match GONZALEZ Fernando vs NADAL Rafael Scheduled
- 15:50 Rowing Lightweight Men's Double Sculls Final A
- 16:00 Tennis Women's Doubles Gold Medal Match RUANO PASCUAL Virginia / MEDINA GARRIGUES Anabel vs
WILLIAMS Serena / WILLIAMS Venus Scheduled
- 19:30 Badminton Mixed Doubles Gold Medal Match WIDIANTO Nova / LILIYANA vs
LEE Hyojung / LEE Yongdae Scheduled
LIVE BLOG STARTS AT 10PM ET. Go to http://nowsport.blogspot.com or HERE at http://nowsportsamerica.blogspot.com for the LIVE BLOG for the latest results and developments in Day 9 of competition, the BUSIEST DAY of the Games of the XXIX Olympiad.